We are looking at means to support interoperability between systems in order to support the richest ecosystem for innovation:
- We propose to use semantic web and linked data technologies to describe annotation of documents. We are currently studying whether this model is appropriate for dynamic document, or whether we want to expose annotations as markup in that case.
- In any case, those annotations will often refer to concepts in concept maps; we will integrate existing semantic vocabularies for concept maps, such as the one used in the Catalyst project
- Those concepts will be federated between platforms using Topic maps
- User’s actions should be exposed as ActivityPub when appropriate, especially in any multi-user context.
- The Socratic Authorship initiative approaches this from a document perspective
- HyperGlossaries aim to be a glue between different uses of terminology.