Demo@50 | Doug Engelbart | The Demo | What Is Still Missing | What We Are Building | The Collaboration | Who We Are
A few of us are dreaming of building a modern DKR to actually demo on the 9th of December 2018. The purposes of the meetings will be to decide what to build and demo on the 9th of December 2018. Issues pertaining to the wider world, technology, politics or even Doug Engelbart, will not be the theme. This is in hope to produce useful and powerful dialogue and not to get bogged down in the classic tools vs. human side argument which we have seen so many times... - this is to discuss how the tools can augment the humans. As such, our aim is to start building infrastructures and services to enable a DKR fit for the 21st Century. The aim is to integrate with and extend current infrastructures to make it possible to deliver the functionality described in What is Still Missing.
We are hosting weekly chats to determine what we should build, if anything, to demo on the day, to celebrate concrete action, not just general ideas. The calls are every Wednesday at 5pm UK / 9am Pacific US time, currently on Skype (contact Frode Hegland to join if the link below does not work for you, username datasurge):
iCal | Skype: join.skype.com/jyTAc0eRXnJj | Blog/Journal: doug-50.info/journal | Mailing List
- The meetings will be one hour long and start and finish promptly, though those who wish may linger.
- Everyone should write about themselves, their work and how it relates to Doug's work, to be listed on our Who We Are page or linked to from that page.
- Meetings will be in person for those who can make it and also online on Skype. It is requested that all online participants use high quality microphones.
- The shared space will sometimes be a Google Doc, one for each meeting and all participants need to be logged in, for attribution.
- All contributions must be provided in a linkable way, such as though a blog post. Preferred means is WordPress using a link to what is being commented on so that a ping back can link them. Guest accounts on this blog will be freely created but other blogs are of also ok.
- Meetings will be recorded and shared publicly when text, not recorded and publicised when audio.
- This protocol is always up for group modification.
RESOURCES FOR WORK
Slack Group (not active yet):